I’ve seen so many of these popping up I don’t know who to give credit to. But whoever has done these…You’re my inspiration ;)
1. I moved cross country!! Huge deal guys. I packed up my California life and transferred it to GEORGIA. Spur of the moment style. To say that I’ve been out of my mind with cultural shock and bubble wrap is quite the understatement.
2. I visited two of my absolute very best friends – who I haven’t seen in ages – in Sacramento, CA right before I moved. It was a wonderful trip full of really chill hang outs. I rode a train and ate on a boat, learned I suffer from serious motion sickness (both train & boat!), learned how to make a delicious Shepherds Pie, knit a scarf, listened to endless stories, and went RV shopping which was an eye opener.
3. I got a job!! Upon arriving in Georgia I did not have a job lined up so I hit the pavement…and got the first job I applied for. I also have school all worked out for August and I’m THRILLED.
4. I got a library card!!! This was such an exciting thing and I love the Georgia Pines system. I can pretty much have any book I want from the state of Georgia. I’m in heaven.
5. Had the most amazing zoo experience of my life. Full disclosure…zoo’s make me sad. BUT! This trip was pretty mind blowing. There was supposed to be bad weather so it was practically empty, I had the place to myself. Then I got to feed the giraffes! By far the best experience was with the sting rays. I pet AND fed them. They had a little baby ray that was just precious and a total porker that took all the food from me named Chip. I also got to see an impromptu seal demonstration in training. All the employees were so happy someone was there they would come talk to me about their animals!! Such an amazing experience!
5. I’ve been having heart failure over these southern storms. Oh. My. God. These southern storms.
6. I’ve been writing. Lots and lots. But not here, obviously. My reaction to being without the internet for longer than I can remember was to use my computer for other things…like just banging out shit in Word. It’s been ages since I’ve done that and I’m really glad now that I had all these issues with all things internet/phone related.
So, that’s what I’ve been up too. Crazy fucking adventures!! I’m finally settled and still blown away that I DID IT but everything will be back to normal now.
How have you been? Its been ages since I asked that…tell me everything!